Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Paris Hilton outpolls Barack Obama

By Donald Sensing

You can vote, too.

And after seeing Paris's first campaign ad, I'm leaning . . .

And what I think is really funny is how many respondents actually took the poll seriously and clicked for McCain. I wish I knew the ratio of Obama's supporters to McCain's who voted for Paris rather than their own candidate. Are McCain's supporters so diehard - or so humorless - that they didn't see the joke here? Or are Obama's supporters really so enraptured by his celebrityness that they threw him under the bus to click for a real celebrity who's also, by her own description, "hot?"

Update: Oh, this is just too rich. The AP has run a story headlined, no joke, "Paris Hilton issues tart rebuttal to McCain ad."

7 comments:

Leland said...

I for one would probably vote McCain in November, but after hearing Paris's ad, I voted for her in the poll.

Eric said...

Don, you are usually pretty perceptive, but I think you completely went off the rails here. I would bet you box of your favorite shotgun shells that few-to-no Obama supporters voted for Paris, and that the 1500 or so votes she got came from people who will vote for McCain in November.

More than a few people are not so amused that McCain is the alternative to His Obamaness, but I guarantee you there are dang few people on the Obamawagon that have ANY sense of humor at all. Least of all Obama!

Anonymous said...

Who's Paris Hilton?

David said...

Yes, I saw the humor in it, but I still voted for McCain. Paris is "hot," but she's younger than my daughter and that produces somewhat of a uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Donald Sensing said...

eric, I'd bet another bocx of shells that very few Obama supporters read Instapundit.

storkdoc said...

Well I voted for Paris, because I thought that it would be funny if Paris beat B.O. In the real world I plan on voting for McCain while holding my nose.

ZZMike said...

From seeing the video, it's apparent that Paris isn't as empty-headed as her press agents make her out to be. In fact, she's bright enough to realize that you'd have to be crazy to want to be President.

Not only did she not squander her inherited fortune, it looks like she added considerably to it.

And she'll have to wait until 2016 before she's eligible to be President.