Obama will burn more than 35,000 gallons of fuel on Earth Day, emitting 375 TONS of carbon dioxide
As always, you have to read the Brit papers to find out what's happening, politically, in America.
- President took Marine One chopper to Andrews Air Force Base and will fly to Washington state and Tokyo, Japan on Tuesday
- 'Earth Day is about taking action,' the White House declared shortly after takeoff
- Air Force One consumes 5 gallons of jet fuel for every mile it flies
- The U.S. Energy Information Administration estimates that burning the fuel emits 21.1 pounds of CO2 per gallon
- Total presidential fuel consumption for Earth Day, not including automobile motorcades, is an estimated 35,609 gallons