Monday, March 26, 2012

"After my election I have more flexibility" to cave in to your demands

By Donald Sensing

Pundit and Pundette: Obama: Just wait for my second term: Via ABC News, which caught on video this exchange between President Obama and Russian President Dmitri Medvedev:

President Obama: On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it’s important for him to give me space. President Medvedev: Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you… President Obama: This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility. President Medvedev: I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir.
And the video:

  video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

What else could, "After my election I have more flexibility" mean except, "I can't agree with your terms now but I will after I am relected"? And clearly, Medvedev understood it that way. You could almost see the light flood his eyes.

Folks, if you think that Obama has governed from the ultra-Left so far, you ain't seen nothing yet if he gets reelected this November.

Update: What is the real insight of this hot-mic conversation? Simply that Obama just admitted to a foreign head of government - a Russian no less! - that he is lying through his teeth to the American people about the issue of their conversation, which was missile defense and nuclear arms. The conclusion is a blinding glimpse of the obvious: We cannot believe anything Obama tells us about this topic between now and November.

Another key question is whether the MSM will actually pursue this story or will they simply let it die a quiet, unwatched death. Gee, let's see: the latter, doh! The MSM's followup on this will be very brief and wholly acquiescing to whatever Jay Carney puts out.

The third thing we need to understand is that this president's admission that he will have "more flexibility" on arms deals with Russia can and does also apply to absolutely every issue that could cross the desk in the Oval Office. As Ari Fleischer responded:
O tells Congress give me space. I'll have more flexibility to raise everyone's taxes after the election.

O tells gay groups give me space. I'll have more flexibility to be for gay marriage after the election.

O tells liberals give me space. I'll have more flexibility to redistribute even more income after the election.

O tells Palestinians give me space. I'll have more flexibility to pressue Israel after the election.

Fill in the blanks. O tells _____ give me space. I'll have more flexibility to ____ after the election.
Now let me say that I am not exactly betting my farm on anything Romney or Santorum say, either. (I think Santorum is more than a little unhinged.) But the crass, unabashed deceptiveness of this president is so far over the line that I cannot imagine any of the four remaining Republican contenders matching it.

 Bookmark and Share