I am a sucker for things that fly. And this does, more or less.
Lift eFoil Mini Documentary from Lift Foils on Vimeo.
You can pre-order now (only $12,000!) but think twice:
1. It's a big dollop of money that could be put toward either of two real, sure-'nuff aircraft, one a bona fide, high-performance, twin-engine jet or prop and the other the simplest flying machine I have ever seen.
2. And there is this comment left on FB, which does seem like a perceptive comment to me:
I think it's all faked and another "pre-order" scam. You simply can't get that much power out of an electric motor and battery system that size at this time. Similar set-ups (like trolling motors and scuba-tows) can only achieve about 5 mph. Not 25 mph like a 50 Horsepower outboard motor which they claim. Sorry. Not buying it.If genuine, it would be fun for sure. But even if it is, would I pay 12 large? No way.