
I was shocked to learn that Maj. Andrew Olmsted was killed in action Jan. 3 in Iraq. I began corresponding with Andy back when he started his blog at http://www.andrewolmsted.com/. He posted, naturally enough, on military affairs. Through his emails and blogging, and he mine, I feel I came to know him quite well.
Andy volunteered to return to Iraq. Thursday, Andy and another officer, Capt. Thomas Casey, were killed in an ambush. Both officers are reported to have died from small-arms fire in Diyala province.
Andy left a Final Post with friends to be put online if he was killed.
America has lost a fine officer and a good man with Andy's death. Let us keep his family and the Casey family in our prayers.
Saturday, January 5, 2008
Farewell, Major Olmsted
By Donald SensingCategories: Iraq, War on terror
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment