Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tax and Tea Party Day is here

By Donald Sensing

Once again, my annual April 15 cartoon:



I haven't blogged before about the Tea Party movement, but in case you've been living on Mars for the last few months, there are nationwide tax protests planned. Google Maps has even got them plotted.

Michelle Malkin also summarizes the origin and history of Tea Party protests. After being ignored by the media until very recently, I was surprised last night to see that Nashville's NBC affiliate, WSMV-TV, actually had a segment on the Tea Party movement and even listed on the air where they would be held today around their viewing area. Nothing on its web site, though, although it does carry a story of non-partisan Citizens Against Government Waste's annual report of federal pork-barrel spending.

1 comment:

gemma said...

Evidently the president is indeed living on Mars since a report I just read states that he has no idea what the Tea Parties are....never heard of them. The Good Morning America video confirms it.