David Jeffers reports:
Democrat Senator from North Dakota, Kent Conrad, while defending the Obama Administration's decision to try al Qaeda terrorists in civilian courts, said:Now, when "America - love it or leave it" was seen as a slogan of the Right, it was attacked as being un-American itself (to which I would agree). But I leave its refuation to Vedran Vuk, writing in 2006:
"If people don't believe in our system, maybe they ought to go somewhere else."Really Senator Conrad? Would you like to retract that statement?
I am a Gold-Star Father, meaning my son Sergeant Eddie Jeffers was killed in Iraq. I am opposed to terrorists being tried in civilian courts. Did I mention that I am a 22 year Army veteran? Is it okay with you if invoke my free speech rights?
This philosophy is utterly incompatible with real life. "Love it or leave it" is best left to those who cannot defend justifications of state power and laws through logical argumentation.Senator Conrad, he means you. I can only assume that if you could defend the decision on merits, you would. Since you can't, you just want people to shut up and accept what they're dicated.