Today was a glorious day. The sun shown through broken clouds, the rain held back until late afternoon, and the temperature was moderate. A perfect day to wander about Ben Yehuda Street.
I came downtown to Ben Yehuda Street to get the sensor on my camera cleaned (I'm a wimp, it's true) and to visit my buddies Michael and Max at Pomeranz Book Sellers.
What I love about Ben Yehuda Street is there is always someone singing, playing, schnorring, or just plain lolly-gagging about.
There used to be a guy in sack cloth, with long white hair and a matching beard--even a large sign that read REPENT. But I haven't seen him in a while.
It was my practice in those days, to come downtown as soon as possible and walk around Ben Yehuda in solidarity. Then the Fence went up. No more suicide bombers. But, my solidarity to the place continues.
I meandered past the Cafe Hillel on Hillel Street, resisting (successfully) to go inside to grab an Americano.
Instead, I made tracks to visit Max and Michael. Max was on the phone and Michael was in the back dealing with an order, so I ran upstairs.
I love coming to Pomeranz Books if only to oogle the book covers. Yeah, yeah; I know you cannot judge a book by its cover; but, the symphony of book jacket colors is a thing to behold.As long as I stay out of their way and do not talk to them, they can get their work done, they'll let me stay.
Otherwise, we laugh too much, talk too loud, and drive customers away. Then the boss, Shira, tells me to shoo. Michael is married to Shira.
Later, guys.
