I linked yesterday to another blogger's post showing photos of the massive amounts of garbage left lying on the ground of the National Mall by people at the "One Nation" rally in Washington, D.C.
Now look at what they did to the memorial to the men and women of World War II.
This is a subset of Americans who have no respect for the historic institutions of this country nor, indeed, for the prior generations of Americans who risked or gave their lives to preserve the
freedom that One Nation ralliers were able to enjoy last weekend.
But why should the ralliers respect this place? They've been taught that America is an repressive, cruel, unjust, selfish, country of white-privilege oppression. They openly despise American participatory, representative democracy, so why should they respect or honor a memorial to those who preserved it? Think I am over the top here? There are scores of photos taken at the rally that you will never see in the mainstream media. Here are a few.
I will not disguise that I find the trashing of the memorial and the open calls for revolution in America deeply offensive and contemptuous. I posted in 2008 of my trip to the WW2 Memorial with my wife and her father, Col. (ret.) George D. Stephens, USAR, veteran of eight combat amphibious assaults in the Pacific war.
We stopped to see the cherry blossoms along the tidal basin. I snapped this picture of George standing across from the Jefferson Memorial. I am proud, and awed, too, to say that he is one of the Americans who saved the world from fascism and tyranny when everything dear to civilization was threatened with destruction. It was by his efforts and those of his comrades (never to forget those who gave their lives!) that Jefferson's ideals survived. He helped preserve what he there surveyed.In the mind of the Left, there is nothing so sacred that it can't be trashed. For that matter, there is nothing sacred at all.


