- Crowds this year will be much larger than last year, based on surveys.
- Unless you're willing to surrender celebrating Thanksgiving entirely, you will miss the best sale prices.
- Black Friday sales have already started, and if you haven't been shopping already, you've missed many of the special prices.
- You can get as good or better prices staying home and shopping online.
- People will kill you to get the item they want - literally.
- Some stores require you to surrender personal information such as an email address to get special prices.
- The best quality items are not on sale.The sales are oriented toward people whose only object is sale price, so those folks get the cheap stuff. Buy cheap, get cheap.
- The sales are marketed to women. Most of the things they buy will definitely be cheaper three weeks from now.
- Stores push customers to take out a store charge account in exchange for an at-register, additional discount. Don't do it, sucker.
- Every store does not want you to leave to shop anywhere else. So they pace their sale prices all the day long. So sure, go to that big-box store at 4 a.m. to be early for the Magic Gottahavit that will be 75 percent off - at 4 p.m.
Anti-Surveillance Web Browsers
9 months ago