Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Best free office suite I've seen yet

By Donald Sensing

Do you despise Microsoft Word as much as I do? Are you, like me and other really smart people, determined to use WordPerfect until you gasp your last? Do you wish there was a free office suite that could switch between .doc/.docx and .wpd formats seamlessly?

If the answers are yes (and if they're not, they should be), then wish no more. Just download and install LibreOffice.

LibreOffice is the power-packed free, libre and open source personal productivity suite for Windows, Macintosh and GNU/Linux, that gives you six feature-rich applications for all your document production and data processing needs: Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw, Math and Base.
It opened my WordPerfect X5 files clean as a whistle. I assume it will show equal facility with MS Word docs, but really, who cares?

Bookmark and Share