Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Finnish rape prevention is sadly not a joke

By Donald Sensing

I have commented before that it is getting increasingly difficult to distinguish reality from satire. Now from Finland is a state-made video advising women on how to ward off sexual predators.

I have tried and tried to make sure that this is not a satire video, but sadly, it is, as best as I can ascertain, genuine. And it is appalling.



Honestly, my first reaction seeing this was, "The Force is strong with this one!" I am sure the "Stop!" technique would be even more effective if the woman says, "I am not the rape victim you are looking for."

Then there is this smartphone video made by an attendee at a town meeting in Germany. One gathers from the video (English subtitles) that there is a Muslim migrant camp in or on the edge of town. The townspeople want to know what the mayor is going to do to ensure the safety of schoolchildren, especially girls, who walk near the camp on the way to and from school. There were events recently that caused real concerns among families.

The mayor's answer? "Don't provoke them and don't walk in these areas."

Needless to say, this does not go down well with the town's families.




Bookmark and Share