Saturday, March 5, 2016

Trump makes crowd salute and swear allegiance to him

By Donald Sensing

Whenever you think that Donald Trump could not get any lower, you are proved wrong. When he claimed during the last presidential debate that his, um, manhood was large I thought that was surely the rock bottom.

But no. With Donald Trump there is always a new low to sink to. Let's start here:


Raise your right hand and swear your loyalty to me personally,

Trump said at the debate that he will demand that US military officers obey even illegal orders. He should study the oath of commissioning that American military officers must swear to, and which I took on 16 May 1977 upon being commissioned into the US Army:
I, _____, having been appointed an officer in the Army of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God." (DA Form 71, 1 August 1959, for officers.)
We swear allegiance to the Constitution, not the president or any other person. I consider myself still bound by this oath even after 21 years since serving.

Just guess who was the last group of people who raised their right hands in salute and pledged loyalty to a nation's leader personally (thank heaven Trump is not that, at least yet)?


And don't pull Godwin's Law on me.

Bookmark and Share