Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Global-Warming Alarmists and their god of the Gaps

By Donald Sensing

Global-Warming Alarmists, You're Doing It Wrong - Bloomberg View: 

The arguments about global warming too often sound more like theology than science. Oh, the word “science” gets thrown around a great deal, but it's cited as a sacred authority, not a fallible process that staggers only awkwardly and unevenly toward the truth, with frequent lurches in the wrong direction. I cannot count the number of times someone has told me that they believe in “the science,” as if that were the name of some omniscient god who had delivered us final answers written in stone. For those people, there can be only two categories in the debate: believers and unbelievers. Apostles and heretics.
It's nice to see people are finally awakening to what I pointed out (and I admit I was not the first) in my 2008 post, "Environmentalist religion explained." 

And there is this comment (not mine) I found elsewhere: 
It's interesting that "Climate Change" has become for the left just what the "enlightened" use to accuse theists for having - a "God of the gaps" ... no matter the empirical data, it is caused by "climate change".
Bookmark and Share