Friday, February 17, 2017

I want this bot

By Donald Sensing



A programmer got sick of scam recorded calls and emails, so he invaded them. Basically, he developed a program with a completely-human sounding voice to call them back and carry on totally credible, but entirely pointless, conversations with the live scammer on the other end.

And he jammed every number the scam company had, up to hundreds of calls. Typically, the telemarketer folded within 20 minutes.
"I called 100 times on 20 simultaneous channels," he said. "They answered, talked to my bots. Then they started to put my bots on hold. Then they started swearing, shouting to each other about what is going on — I could hear in the background. Then I made 500 calls on 20 simultaneous channels to the number. After 300 phone calls, they disconnected the number."

It took about 15-20 minutes to put them out of business, he said. "I completely annihilated them," he said.