Thursday, July 18, 2019

You should pay more taxes but I should not

By Donald Sensing

It's the Bee so it is (supposedly) satire, but actually, some of my colleagues really do believe this. 


Over time, I have had some conversations with progressives who are angry (as progressives generally are) that people are not paying enough in taxes. After all, we still have the poor, etc. etc. etc. So I have asked then, "Are you personally paying too little in taxes? That is, do you think that you personally should be paying more in taxes?"

I have not one time received an affirmative response. Not. Once.

And then I tell them, "Anyone who wants to pay more in taxes can do so at any time. So lead the way! Show us how it's done!"

Here is how to pay more in taxes.

How do I make a contribution to the U.S. government?
Citizens who wish to make a general donation to the U.S. government may send contributions to a specific account called "Gifts to the United States." 
This account was established in 1843 to accept gifts, such as bequests, from individuals wishing to express their patriotism to the United States. Money deposited into this account is for general use by the federal government and can be available for budget needs. 
These contributions are considered an unconditional gift to the government. Financial gifts can be made by check or money order payable to the United States Treasury and mailed to the address below. 
Gifts to the United States
U.S. Department of the Treasury
Funds Management Branch
P.O. Box 1328
Parkersburg, WV 26106-1328Any tax-related questions regarding these contributions should be directed to the Internal Revenue Service at 800-829-1040.
As you can imagine, progressives are not exactly lining up to send in a check.

Bookmark and Share