Good news is where you find it: posted in the window of a deli in the Bellevue section of Nashville:
Sorry about the glare. I snapped the pic with my HTC Incredible. I wish I had entered to ask the manager whether this job was an addition to his staff or a replacement. I'm guessing the latter.
That times are tough no one can gainsay. I know a young man who has been employed by a department-store chain for three years and who has been regularly ranked as one of the top-five sales associates for the entire district. He just left the job because the store cut his hours down to a handful per week. Everyone's hours were cut, he told me. The sales volume just isn't there.
Since in most retail outlets there are only two or three full-time employees (the sales staff are all part time without benefits) he had to quit to seek other pastures to pay his bills. Why, you may ask, did he not tough it out until the economy perks up and sales volume, hence work hours, go up?
Surely you jest. Or maybe you just haven't been paying attention. The economic news is all consistently bad, and always unexpectedly.
